This is an old recipe which I have bookmarked many, many years ago from My White Kitchen.
I think probably when I first started food blogging. There are numerous home cooked dishes that she documented in her blog and I love visiting it for its' simplicity. No description, only the recipe and a few pictures to about it.
This is a quick stir fry dish as I have used pork tenderloin slices which cooks fast. I like the capsicum and onions to be crunchy, the cooking time must be short but enough to cook the meat pieces.
Awesome dish that is tasty and delicious, tender meat slices, crunchy capsicum, onions and a little spicy dried red chillies. Great with plain white rice. This can be a One Dish Meal dish.
Recipe adapted from My White Kitchen with modifications
200 gm pork tenderloin - thinly sliced
1 small green capsicum
1 red onion - peeled and cut wedges
4-5 dried red chillies - rinsed and cut sections
spring onions - cut sections
1 tbsp each oyster sauce, light soy sauce and cooking wine
1 tsp dark soy sauce
dash of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp water + 1/2 tsp cornstarch [for thickening]
- Prepare the ingredients as above. Combine the seasoning and use 1 tablespoon to marinate the meat slices.
- Pan fry meat slices with some oil in a non stick pan until slightly brown. Add in the dried chillies, stir well and pour in the seasoning sauce. Give it a few stirs.
- Add in the green capsicum and onions. Mix well until meat and other ingredients are cooked.
- Thicken with cornstarch water, then add in spring onions.
- Dish up to serve with rice.