Red cooked or hong shao fish is not difficult to prepare at all, after coming across this recipe. This is a very nice fried fish recipe. It is easy to prepare yet delicious to eat.
The fish fillet or whole fish need not be deep fried. Pan fried, then braised with seasoning and sauce, it turns out awesome.
Tip On How To Prevent Fish from sticking to pan when pan fried:
- Lightly coat the fish with cornflour or
Lightly brush some beaten egg on fish skin on one side before frying then brush fish with beaten egg before flipping over to fry the other side.
1 whole fish or 2 pieces fish blocks
1 stalk spring onions- cut sections
30 gm ginger - shredded
1 red chilli - sliced
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine [add just before dishing up]
1/4 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, coat fish with cornflour or some beaten egg, fry fish with lid on until lightly brown.
- Remove lid, flip over fish to fry the other side with lid on.
- Remove lid, push fish aside, add some oil if needed, saute ginger, half portion of the chilli and spring onions.
- Fry until aromatic, add in light soy sauce, sugar and some water. Bring to boil and braise until water is slightly reduced.
- Lastly, add in cooking wine and remaining red chillies and spring onions. Stir to mix well.
- Dish up to serve immediately.