For over a month, I have been cooking easy, simple meals for the family since my mother in-law was in hospital. This is one new dish which I tried from a recipe [Teriyaki Chicken] adapted from TessCook4U.
I have substituted chicken with pork tenderloin. The teriyaki sauce is awesome and easy to prepare. It's great and probably I will try the original recipe during the coming CNY family gathering.
It's a very tasty dish, great to serve with rice and freshly sauteed or blanched vegetables like broccoli, carrots, sweet peas or capsicum]. According to TessCook4U, this dish is quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious. Really, it is.
Recipe adapted from TessCook4U with modifications
2-3 slices [1 cm thick] pork tenderloin - tenderised
1 broccoli - cut into florets
30 gm carrots - peeled and sliced
Teriyaki Sauce [combined]
1/3 cup water
1-2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp each of honey, vinegar and Mirin [optional]
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1/4 tsp sesame seed oil
Thickening - 1 tbsp cornflour + 2 tbsp water
- Marinade pork slices with some light soy sauce and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine teriyaki sauce ingredients, except thickening in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add oil into a non-stick pan, pan fry until brown on both sides. Dish up.
- Using the same pan, pour in combined sauce ingredients. Bring to boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the fried pork slices and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Thicken with cornflour mix.
- Remove from heat. Serve with rice and freshly sauteed or blanched vegetables [broccoli, carrots, sweet peas, capsicum or onions etc].
- Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds over teriyaki pork slices.