My family loves capsicum be it green, red or yellow. I managed to get all the 3 colours at reasonable price during my last visit to the supermart.
For this stir fry dish, I used half of each colour capsicum and end up with this colourful pepper dish. We love the sweetness and crunchy capsicums and tasty pork tenderloin. Do not overcooked capsicum if you love them crunchy with a nice colour.
This is a very easy, simple stir fry Chinese dish. The original recipe uses beef fillet which I have replaced with pork fillet.
It is a tasty, delicious, fragrant, quick cook dish. The meat is tender and tastes good with the marinade. It's awesome and looks pretty, tempting too.
Great dish for Chinese New Year feast.Recipe adapted from Chinese Cooking [Natural Recipes For Healthy Living] by Charmaine Solomon with modifications
[13.5 total grams carbohydrate]
250 gm pork tenderloin fillet - thinly sliced
1 clove garlic - crushed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
1/2 red capsicum - seeded, cut wedges
1/2 green capsicum - seeded, cut wedges
1/2 yellow capsicum - seeded, cut wedges
1 tbsp oil + 2 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp water
- Marinate pork fillet with garlic, ginger, spice powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Heat oils in a non stick pan, fry marinated pork fillet over high heat, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes or until cooked.
- Add in capsicum slices and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Thicken with cornstarch water.
- Dish up to serve immediately.