We should all be grateful when our grannies and mothers are great cooks. Over the years, they have come up with numerous, homey, tasty and delicious dishes which all of us can get to enjoy today. Most of the dishes are simple yet they still bring back memories of their efforts to serve their children with good, tasty food.
This braised meat is an example of a yummy braised meat dish that is easy to prepare and yet so good and appetizing.
250 gm pork belly with skin – cut bite size pieces
3 dried mushrooms – soaked and halved
5-6 cloves garlic – keep whole
Some chopped red chillies and spring onions
Some toasted sesame seeds
½ tbsp oil + 1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
- Melt oil and sugar to caramelize until bubbly.
- Add in the pork belly pieces, garlic and mushrooms. Stir fry to coat and mix well with the caramel.
- Add in the seasoning ingredients. Fry to mix well before adding enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Bring to boil, cover with lid, lower heat to simmer until water is reduced and meat is tender.
- Dish up to serve. Sprinkle chopped chillies, spring onions and
toasted sesame seeds.