200 gm Angel Hair pasta - cooked according to packet instruction until al dente
3 squids - cleaned and cut broad rounds
some prawns - head and tail removed
4-5 shallots - sliced
1 tbsp each of chopped coriander leaves, spring onions, wild ginger bud [bunga kantan] and mint leaves
2 - 3 tbsp sambal belacan [more if you want it spicy] - store bought or make your own sambal belacan*
4 - 5 tbsp calamansi lime juice or to taste
1-2 tbsp stock from blanching of seafood
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste
- Boil some water [enough to blanch seafood] in a small saucepan. Blanch prawns and squids until cooked. Remove and set aside. Keep some stock to mix with seasoning.
- Mix the seasoning together with the stock in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in the blanched seafood and all the ingredients. Mix well and add in the cooked spaghetti.
- Mix well and serve immediately with extra sambal belacan.
How to make Sambal Belacan
6 red chillies
3 chilli padi
30 gm toasted belacan
pinch of salt
sugar to taste
juice of 1 calamansi lime
- Pound all ingredients together using a mortar or blend coarsely in a food processor.
- Store in a small container and refrigerate for later use.
You can use any kind of seafood [clams, fish fillets, bigger prawns or squids or chicken]