Followers

Monday, February 17, 2014

Chicken with DOM Benedictine

Another dish which I chose to cook in line with my NY [new year 2014] resolution [that is to try yummy recipes shared by food bloggers].  This dish looks complicated with quite a number of ingredients but in fact it is a homey easy dish to cook.  Thanks to Lena for sharing this recipe [here] which I happened to see it recently.  I wouldn't have seen this recipe on Christmas Day 2013 [cos' this day was the saddest and devastating day in my life - the day I lost my youngest brother].
Very tasty chicken dish with DOM.  As Lena says, you wouldn't get drunk with it.  I cooked a small portion for 2 using boneless chicken thigh.  Here, I didn't follow the actual recipe [see photo for the ingredients I used], so for the actual please visit Lena's blog [Frozen Wings].
Ingredients
[serves 2-3]
2 boneless chicken thigh - cut bite size pieces
a few slices of ginger
some finely shredded ginger
1 tbsp wolfberries [kei chee]
a few red dates
1 dried mushroom - soaked and sliced
a piece of black fungus - soaked and cut strips
sesame oil
light soy sauce, salt and pepper taste
water and Dom Benedictine [depends on how much gravy you want for the dish]
some chopped spring onions
  1. Heat sesame oil in wok, saute shredded ginger until golden brown.  Dish up and set aside.
  2. Using the remaining sesame oil, saute ginger slices until fragrant, add in mushrooms, black fungus, red dates and chicken.  Stir fry for a while.
  3. Add in light soy sauce, salt and pepper.  Stir fry and add in water and DOM.  Bring to boil and let chicken cook.
  4. Lastly add in wolfberries, taste to adjust seasoning.  Dish out on serving plate, garnish with fried ginger and chopped spring onions.
Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts [here]

7 comments:

Jozelyn Ng said...

I think this recipe is rather good during confinement. Please take care!

Amy Baking Diary said...

Hi Kimmy
It reminds me of my confinement. Love confinement food so much!

Kimmy said...

Hi Jozelyn and Amy - this dish is suitable for all ladies and others. Nutritious and healthy.

Victoria Bakes said...

yum yum... i agree with the rest that it is a good confinement dish recipe but at the same time, something very good for ladies... need to 补。。。 i hope you are getting on well Kimmy

Kimmy said...

Hi Victoria Bakes, thanks - with blogging it helps to keep me busy but the first year is very, very difficult esp. when I meet my SIL and nieces [one of them is my god-daughter too]. They used to be so dependent on my brother in their daily life.

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! This must be delicious. Is Yomeishu something like DOM? I hope you are coping well with your loss though it is very hard.

Kimmy said...

Thanks Phong Hong, I missed him very much. I think DOM is stronger than Yomeishu. Tasty dish.