Followers

Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Built-in Oven on Strike

I bought my first oven [a built in oven more than twenty years ago].  A reliable brand called ELBA.  I can't remember the model number but now it has gone on 'Strike'.  Honestly, it has served me 'faithfully' all this years until 2 years ago.


I had contacted several technicians recommended by the dealers and friends.  Some refused to come, some wanted to be paid if no repairs are done and some just gave some illogical reasons.  Finally, I had one who came, took my oven away and told me it was the heating element problem.  I had it changed and paid a few hundred Ringgit.  The oven was back on duty not for  long.  I went back to this technician, he told me it is the thermostat  problem and promised me to get the spare parts.  Until today, he didn't manage to find it even though the distributor 'Fiamma' company still exist [I think in KL].



Recently, I showed some relatives how to bake loaf bread at their home.  They too have a built in Elba oven. The bread turned out so lovely and I suddenly thought I should try another time to find the most needed spare part [oven thermostat] to rescue my oven.

I'm writing this post in the hope that some readers and fellow blogger friends may have some advice on this.  Most people would say, just buy a new one after all it's more than 20 years old.  I did buy a new one but only a small one cos' I haven't a place to fit in another built-in oven.  I believe there are 'older' ovens elsewhere still functioning well and mine, if I can find the thermostat, it should work well again.  I'll also check it out with Fiamma, KL for help.

I'm reluctant sad to throw this oven away just because of this problem.

Thank you.



8 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

Sorry to hear abt your oven problem. Not really come across thermostats in KL, but if I do, will let you know.

Veronica said...

Hi Kimmy, I am so sorry to hear about the demise of your beloved oven which has served you well for the past 20 years. I too, am using a very ancient Chef oven that came with the house (about 28 years old). It died on me a couple of years ago and my brother-in-law helped me changed a new heating element which only costs AUD70 and it was as good as 'new'. Hope you'll find someone who can fix your oven for you before Christmas. Good luck!

PH said...

Kimmy, sorry to hear about your oven. Twenty years is a long time and so sayang to "throw" the oven. I hope you can find a solution.

Kimmy said...

Hi Baby Sumo, thanks, I really would like to exhaust all resources before I give up. Every part of my oven is in good condition.

Kimmy said...

Hi Veronica, thanks, I doubt I can find the 'someone' so soon but I hope the distributor/agent will be able to help me if they do have some old spare parts left in their warehouse.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, yes really 'sayang' to do that. I'll keep on trying.

Delphine said...

Hi Kimmy,

So sorry to hear about your oven problem, good luck be with you to get someone who could fix it for you, no harm keep trying.

Kimmy said...

Hi Delphine, If only I can get it fix up, I think my baking will be even more satisfactory, hehehe!