Followers

Monday, October 28, 2013

Steamed Fish with Ginger/Soy Sauce

With fresh fish, steaming is the best way to cook it.  Here is a very simple yet aromatic sauce used to steam the fish.

This fish was bought from the fishing boat that came back to shore.   Extremely fresh.
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
1 white promfret [about 300 gm] - cleaned
3 tbsp finely shredded ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 stalk spring onions - chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
Seasoning
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp sugar
  1. Heat sesame oil in wok to saute ginger and garlic until lightly brown and crispy.  
  2. Add in the seasoning.  Dish out.
  3. Spread steaming sauce evenly over fish.
  4. Steam over high heat for 7-10 minutes [depends on size of fish].
  5. Garnish with spring onions before serving immediately.



Notes: Visit this site for it's Nutritional Facts [here]

I'm also linking this post  to Little Thumbs Up Event - Soy Beans
 organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and me, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich from Piece of Cake

Photobucket

6 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I love the sauce. Just the other day my brother asked me how to make the sauce. I should ask him to refer to your recipe.

Unknown said...

A delicious steamed fish dish!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, thanks.

Kimmy said...

Hi Mich, simple and tasty.

Ivy Sew said...

Hi Kimmy, I always like to have lots of fried ginger and garlic on steamed fish. Yours definitely is very yummy and simple to prepare too!

Kimmy said...

Hi Ivy, I always go for easy, simple yet appetising dishes. Healthy if possible.