Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

EZ Stir Fry Homemade Kiam Chye

My brining of mustard greens [recipe here] was completed.  Not knowing how the texture and taste would be, I just prepare a simple stir fry of the vegetable.  Moreover, I roast pork belly [recipe here] today for my plain porridge, so why not fry preserved mustard green [aka. kiam chye] which is a dish that definitely goes well with it too.

Here is the recipe.  Believe me the kiam chye/hum choy was good.  Not salty [I just rinsed and soaked for about 10 minutes].  It was crunchy and soft.   Nice!!  Now, I'm doing my second batch of brining mustard greens for my mum and neighbours.
Ingredients
1 big stalk of preserved mustard green [kiam chye] - rinsed and soaked for 10 minutes - cut thin shreds
1 red chilli - cut shreds
1 tsp each of shredded ginger and chopped garlic
1-2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil
sugar and pepper to taste
some water
a dash of shaoxing wine 
  1. Put cut vegetables to fry in pan without oil for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are dry.  Push aside and add in oil.
  2. Add ginger, garlic and red chilli.  Saute until fragrant then mix together with vegetables.  Add seasoning to taste.  Add some water to simmer kiam chye for a few seconds or until vegetable is soft.
  3. A in wine and sesame oil.  Stir to mix and dish out to serve with porridge.
Note
This dish can be prepared earlier and serve later with hot porridge.

No comments: