Followers

Monday, March 12, 2012

12345 Chicken Fillet


I came across the recipe '12345 Pork Ribs or Lean Meat' on The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen and tried it using whole chicken at my Ma's place.  The sauce combination was good and very easy to prepare.  But I prefer either to use chicken thighs or lean meat.  So back to my home, I used chicken breast fillet to cook this dish because I can pan fry the fillet and I intend to serve it with homemade tortillas.  I think it should be alright with any choice of meat depending on your own preference.

Here are the ingredients.  I marinate the chicken fillet before pan frying them.

Ingredients
1 chicken breast - skin and bones removed - cut thick slices
[marinate with 1/2 tsp each of pepper, sesame oil and salt and 1 tbsp cornflour]
  •  Pan fry chicken fillet in non stick wok with 1 tbsp oil until golden brown on both sides.  Finish fry them in batches to reduce the quantity of oil needed.
    Sauce Ingredients
    1 tbsp oil
    2 tbsp sugar
    3 tbsp light soy sauce
    4 tbsp Chin Kiang black vinegar [I used Chit Choe]



    • Using the same wok, add oil if it is less than 1 tbsp [remaining from pan frying chicken fillet].  Add in sugar.  When sugar melts and caramelise, add in the light soy sauce and vinegar.  Stir until caramelised sugar dissolves.
    • Then stir in the fried chicken meat.  Stir to mix sauce and meat slices.  Cook very quickly until sauce is reduced and thick.
    • Dish out to serve with rice.  
    Note:
    Should be good idea to garnish this dish with fresh vegetables [sliced zuchini, salad leaves, tomatoes or blanched broccoli].   Maybe I will try preparing this dish again using other cuts of meat to serve as a 'One Dish Meal' with white rice, some fresh vegetables or vegetable soup.

    No comments: