I love making bread using the sponge dough or overnight dough methods because these 2 methods yield very soft and moist bread which stays fresh even on the third day. Lovely bread worth making for the family and friends. This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread.
Ingredients for Sponge Dough
300 gm bread flour
200 ml water
2 tsp instant yeast
- Mix all ingredients into a soft, rough dough. Cover with a clean cloth to proof for 1-2 hours or until double in size.
Ingredients for Bread Dough
200 gm bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
50 ml water [may need less]
110 gm Oreo biscuits [crushed]
1-2 tbsp butter
- Mix all ingredients [except water, Oreo cookies and butter] to prepared sponge dough. Then gradually add in water. Knead till a soft dough is formed. Takes about 10 minutes. Add in crushed cookies and butter. Continue kneading till dough is soft and smooth [another 10 minutes]. Remove dough and shape into a ball. Cover with a clean cloth and leave to proof for 15 minutes.
- Punch down dough, then divide into 2 portions. Roll out each portion and fold into thirds, then roll swiss roll style into a log. Place in loaf tin. Cover to proof for at least 1-2 hours or until double in size.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool on rack immediately after baking.